Monday, June 21, 2010

Feels like Fire

We met at the keg - it's where all great romances for the day start. The clock hadn't even hit noon and I picked up the spout of the keg, it was slick due to it resting in the ice surrounding it's goodness that awaited us all within the sliver trophy. The spout flew out of my hand, the beer squirted a bit over my shirt. I heard a laugh and I looked up, "Clearly I'm too sober to be handling this keg." That was all I could think of to say. "Well you best get drunk then." That was the simple reply. Smiles exchanged and we parted ways.

We would meet again an hour later, at the keg - to refresh ourselves from the penetrating sun and raging humidity. She was standing with someone I had spoken with earlier. It was asked how I was connected with the people hosting the party and for some reason, I felt comfortable enough to come out. No hesitation. No second thoughts. It's a pretty marvelous state to be in. "Ethan, JR and I went to college together. It's ironic, JR and I didn't really know each other all that well at school, but he's been a great friend the last year or so and he's helped me a lot with my coming out process."

"I'm bisexual." she said, almost too casually. It just fell out of her mouth, like food, but so much more attractive loooking. My reaction was priceless. I was instantly peaked in interest, my body language shifted, I turned my hips into hers, leaned in a bit closer and said a bit too excitedly, "Really?" I sounded like a teenage boy learning to adjust to his new pipes. My cheeks dimpled up and naturally, they flushed. So much for playing it cool.


I wish I could say I remember every moment I spent with Lucy; I wish I could remember every conversation. But when there's alcohol involved, things get a little hazy and they get a little hot. Walls come tumbling down. I remember Lucy's piercing blue eyes, penetrating my mind and soul. It almost sounds cliched, but her eyes plused through me - I hadn't felt this fire like intensity through a pair of eyes in years. Just sitting here at my desk, I can close my eyes and feel them looking at me, undressing me, daring me, making my heart skip a few beats, making me tremble in the most lovely of ways.

I remember the wild moments with Lucy - and yes, my stomach still flips, I burn inside, I coyly smirk. I think about the wind raging and our hair meshing together - her looking at me, tempting me and yet there was a hint of sensualness, of polite seduction. There was a certain warmth to the playfulness despite our drunken nature.

I remember the quiet moments with Lucy, where absolutely no words were exchanged. For me that's almost short of a miracle. She made me feel confident enough to let the silence dangle, to let the silence dare each other, to inch ourselves closer. No words, just simple smiles, tender hair tucks, gentle grazes of skin. The only sound I could hear were our breaths collecting themselves, in sync. Pulsing. That's when I could merely manage a few words.

"You're so beautiful."

I let the words hang in the air, I let my body stay put (for the most part). It was a slow motion moment. I cooly swallowed in an effort to get some moisture back in my throat, I could feel our bodies inching towards each other, temperature rising with every moment; I steadied my breath and our lips managed to tango once again.

The tango would continue to burn throughout the rest of the day, into the evening and early hours of Sunday morning. My Sunday morning song who departed far too soon. This fire hasn't smoldered, in fact I don't think it's anywhere close to being put out. Lines of communication are open and while it might not be an eternal flame, it's certainly enough to light my candle.








No comments:

Post a Comment