Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chances Are

These are the lyrics of a song that was sent to me by Lucy today. With every line I could feel my mind trailing off in thought - how romantic, how deep and pure these lyrics are. And then I thought, well this is exactly how I feel about her, does Lucy feel as if this is how she feels about me? I do intend to "fight" or say what I need to say about what I feel for her; and I dare say I might use some of these lyrics to guide me through it.

Chances are you'll find me
Somewhere on your road tonight
Seems I always end up driving by
Ever since I've known you
It seems you're on my way

All the rules of logic don't apply
I long to see you in the night
Be with you 'til morning light

I remember clearly how you looked
The night we met
I recall your laughter and your smile
I remember how you made me
Feel so at ease
I remember all your grace and your style

And now you're all I long to see
You've come to mean so much to me

Chances are I'll see you
In my dreams tonight
You'll be smiling like the night we met
Chances are I'll hold you and I'll offer
All I have

You're the only one I can't forget
Baby you're the best I've ever met

And I'll be dreaming of the future
And hoping you'll be by my side
And in the morning I'll be longing for the night
For the night

Chances are I'll see you
Somewhere in my dreams tonight
You'll be smiling like the night we met
Chances are I'll hold you and I'll offer
All I have

You're the only one I can't forget
Baby you're the best I've ever met

Sitting in the graphics room of Studio 43, I didn't have much of an opportunity to respond appropriately. I managed a simple reply of how the lyrics were very powerful. I couldn't bring myself to say how much the lyrics struck a nerve within me. When I do say how I feel, I refuse to let it be through a letter - though many of my letters have opened the door, paved the way, laid the groundwork.

Who would have thought that Katy Perry's lyrics would also strike a chord within me; especially a song titled, "Teenage Dream". Lucy is more than a teenage dream, she is my missing piece. And Katy sings about that specific feeling towards the end of her addictive song, that I don't find myself ever growing tired of.

My heart stops..when you look at me.. take a chance & don't ever look back.. I finally found you my missing puzzle piece
.

And that's just it. Lucy completes me. I know I can see the eyes rolling for the beyond cheesy Jerry Maguire reference, but it's so true. My whole life I have felt as if something were missing - all my puzzle pieces were jumbled; and as I have grown older, the puzzle has come together, inch by inch. Sometimes pieces that looked like the fit, ended up being the wrong one - but such is life. We move on, we grow and we learn there is more out there that help us find the answers, to fit the pieces of our puzzle that is our life.



No comments:

Post a Comment