Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome Back

I haven't written here in quite sometime.  I think it was a combination of being too busy with my job and I was wrapped up in a relationship that went south, came back and then went sour again.  

It almost seems cliche to start writing again this early on in the new year, but I have so much to write about.  I am anxious for the future, but I am excited.  I feel as if I am on the cusp of something, I truly feel something is about to burst wide open for me.  I must stay upbeat, I must roll with the anxiousness and realize that within me is a strength that has never left me. 

I will admit, I have had somewhat of defeatist attitude since being let go by my previous employer.  I was crushed when it happened, but I cannot help some of the tears, were tears of relief.  For six years my job consumed me and identified me - something I always swore to myself I would never let happen.  It was hard not to let it happen, working 6-7 days, sometimes up to 80 hours a week depending on the sporting event.


I have been on high energy mode for the last hour as I clean my apartment.  The blinds are up and sky is beautiful.  The music fills my 500 square foot living space.  I am in a difficult situation, but I am lucky.  I am so very lucky.  I was dancing around as I cleaned my stove, scrubbed my shower tub and dusted my book shelf. 

I couldn't help but smile.  I am on the cusp.  I can feel it.  I feel awake.  Something is brewing and I couldn't be more excited.









No comments:

Post a Comment