Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mysterious Ways



28 days.  Seems short – over in a blink most times.  But lately it feels like a death sentence.  We met February 8th and you left the country on the 10th, for 28 days.  

 Two dates in two days – two amazing dates where we soaked up one others lives and yes, a rather obvious sexual chemistry.  We went further than we should have on our second date – perhaps it was eased by its location, my apartment.  We wanted to behave and we were doing a hell of a job at it despite making out like school girls on my couch.  We were doing a hell of a job at it until you said to me, “Let’s take this to the bed.”  Neither of us had had anything to drink, it was completely clear minded action – and without a moment’s hesitation, you scooped me up and carried me over to my bed.  I have never experienced anything like that; my body and mind immediately turned to mush.

Your touch is hypnotic and so incredibly smooth – it felt as if I were being drugged ever so slowly.  I could feel my body loosening and my mind being entirely at ease.  I don’t want to rush this – I want to take time to get to know you and discover what makes you, you.  I see a level of potential that I have never seen in any of my previous relationships.  I see you coming home with me to meet my family, having a family dinner and plenty of conversation.  I’ve never seen that until I met you.  Our connection is rather clear, conversation is fluid – no awkward silence, plenty of laughter. 

I know you are on the other side of the world, but I still find your nearly complete silence confusing.  You said you would reach out and you only have when I reached out to say I couldn’t find your ring at my place.  I don’t think I would be so puzzled by it if you weren’t active on the dating site we met on.  If you can check that, then how hard is it to send me a text message?  I realize you are incredibly busy and I don’t want to be THAT girl, but I am.  I am sorry for that.  But at the same time, I respect it – for it shows you are focused on your job, you pride yourself in your work.  I find that so very attractive.

I know we both said we don’t want to rush this – so truly why would you want to reach out to someone you barely know.  Plus, we both agree that we prefer to communicate in person.  Even lengthy e-mails, as much as we would enjoy it, seems like it would take away the fun of getting to know one another sitting across from each other in a restaurant or walking along the Hi-Line bundled up and clutching cups of hot chocolate. 

That is what I need to embrace – that we will spend time together when you return.  We will look at each other from across the table, feeling that wave of nervousness mixed with arousal – taking it all in.  I need to busy up my schedule to not have my thoughts dominated by you.  It’s the only way I can avoid over thinking this new, exciting opportunity.  And who’s to say you are truly not thinking about me?  I’ll never know until you return – it’s that sense of mystery that my sister always preaches.  Wanting to know more, slowly, but surely you will build towards something.  Don’t reveal all your cards at once – this is not implying that this is a game, it’s just part of the way dating works.

No comments:

Post a Comment